The Inventor Education Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube

3 posters

Go down

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube Empty Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube

Post  Roger Brown Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 18:44

Just because Youtube and Facebook are free does not mean you need to post your entire life on them including your product ideas. I get contacted by many Inventors asking for help or want me to review their product. This is the idea they say will make them millions. What do they do next? They send me a link to Youtube or Facebook where they have their million dollar idea open to the public for all to see.

They do not have the video or pictures on a privacy setting, they are open to the public and I see it has been up for over a year and has a couple of thousand views. This is setting yourself up for public disclosure and hurting your chances at getting a patent.
FaceBook and YouTube are great mediums, but only if they are used correctly.
Roger Brown
Roger Brown

http://www.rogerbrown.net    http://www.looking2license.com

Back to top Go down

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube Empty Re: Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube

Post  Lionel99 Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 6:22

If an inventor's been invited to one of the ASOTV companies for inventors day to demonstrate, pitch their invention/idea what should they do if the company wants tofilm the demo/pitch ?

Should they refuse to pitch the idea ? How many inventors do you think would decide not to pitch their idea.

Lets say the Company was Telebrand & AJ was going to listen to the pitch how many inventors do you think would change their mind to PITCH their idea ?

Lionel99

Back to top Go down

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube Empty Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube

Post  Roger Brown Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 7:30

Lionel99, it is always the option of the Inventor to decide what is in their best interest as they see it, no matter who they are presenting their invention to. They could decide not to proceed or decide to proceed. Even if the Inventor did not do any due diligence up front (which they should) they could do the filming and after they got home file a PPA that night for around $100, since they have one year to file after disclosure.

Lionel99, I would ask you, doesn't the Inventor bare the responsibility to make sure they are protected before showing their invention to anyone?

Let me ask you what you would do in this situation.
You are at a trade show for kitchen products and wandering around the floor looking at the various displays. One catches your eye and you go over to the booth for a better look. You see they have a new unique type of measuring cup. Do you as the patron of the trade show ask the booth owner " Before I look at this do you have a NDA I could sign, is it patented or have a PPA filed?"
Or do you just look at it and go on your way? Whose responsilbilty is it to make sure it is protected before you see it? If you did not ask the questions about the NDA, PPA, or patent are you guilty of anything?

Roger Brown
Roger Brown

http://www.rogerbrown.net    http://www.looking2license.com

Back to top Go down

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube Empty reply

Post  peterrr Sat 31 May 2014 - 5:11

hi,
thank you very much for sharing this information with this forum site so all other users including me are seen that information and be aware with that before sharing any idea or product on social networking sit Facebook and on youtube.

peterrr

Back to top Go down

Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube Empty Re: Think...... Before You Post Your Product/Idea on FaceBook and YouTube

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum