The Inventor Education Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm guessing this must be a scam...

Go down

I'm guessing this must be a scam... Empty I'm guessing this must be a scam...

Post  nimblejack Wed 9 Mar 2011 - 11:06

Hello again everyone

I just received this message in one of my Yahoo mail accounts. The name I use for the account is "magictoob". This is what the message says:

(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward to the right person/ department, as this is urgent, thank you.)

Dear CEO,

We are the department of registration service in China. we have something need to confirm with you. We formally received an application on Mar 8, 2011, One company which is called "CIKE Trading Co., Ltd" is applying to register "magictoob" as brand name and domain names as below :

magictoob.asia
magictoob.cn
magictoob.com.cn
magictoob.com.hk
magictoob.com.tw
magictoob.hk
magictoob.in
magictoob.net.cn
magictoob.org.cn
magictoob.tw

After our initial checking, we found the brand name and these domain names being applied are as same as your company’s, so we need to confirm with your company. If the aforesaid company is your business partner or your subsidiary company, please DO NOT reply us, we will approve the application automatically.

If you have no any relationship with this company, please contact us within 5 workdays. If out of the deadline, we will approve the application submitted by "CIKE Trading Co., Ltd" unconditionally.

Best Regards,
Philip Zhang
Senior consultant
2011-03-09

It looks as though they want me to register all of those domains. Do I have that right?

Jack
nimblejack
nimblejack

http://www.magictoob.com

Back to top Go down