The Inventor Education Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding

4 posters

Go down

USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding Empty USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding

Post  bw174 Thu 10 Mar 2011 - 12:52

I am curious to know that if you are searching on the USPTO site to see if your patent is already there...if you type in keywords and you do not find your patent, how do you know that is not there under another name? Also, how do I know if the keywords I enter are not searchable by someone else, what I am saying is, will someone be able to see what I used as my keyword search? Also, I need some ideas on how to fund my patent application?
-BOSS, Inc.

bw174

Back to top Go down

USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding Empty Write to relevent companies

Post  Swisaw Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 4:28

Write to relevent companies offering them to exploit your idea on any equitable term. show them your idea after they sign none-disclosure contract. If one of them interested obviously it will pay you. Use the payment to fund patenting process.
Swisaw
Swisaw

Back to top Go down

USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding Empty Re: USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding

Post  Mark Reyland Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 18:19

You need to search both applications and awarded patents since they are not the same database. You should also use keywords in many different combinations to ensure you are getting a good result.

In the end, not even a patent lawyer can find every patent. Applications like provisional patent applications are filed but never entered into the database. So for a year you could search only to find that there had been a provisional filed all that time – you just could not see it.

Use your search tools to give you a good indication that your idea has not yet been protected, but before you invents in a patent use a professional patent searcher to do a very thorough search
Mark Reyland
Mark Reyland
Admin

http://www.uiausa.org

Back to top Go down

USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding Empty Re: USPTO Searches and Preliminary Patent Funding

Post  1aahnoor Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 7:40

Applications like provisional patent applications are filed but never entered into the database.  

1aahnoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down